Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Beginning


k so this blog is for oneshots. Basically all of these are around Nicki's underground days. Might turn it into a story, might not. Don't really know. Just going to write the ideas I have over here and post them. But some might be present day ideas. You never know.  anyways, here you go.

-----

Nicki took off her apron and tossed it on top of the box.

“It’s time to get the fuck outta here.”

“I know. You make any tips tonight?”

“Mhmm.” Nicki dug her hand in her pocket with her long nails and pulled out a wad of money.

“Ha!” Sherika said before pulling out her wad of tips and her and Nicki high fived.  “You work til closing tomorrow?”

“No. I have a meeting with Fendi.”

“I thought you was scared to meet with that guy.”

“I still am. I just need to get this music shit started. I can’t with Red Lobster anymore.” Nicki said as she stuck the money in her work pants. “You need a ride home?” Nicki asked Sherika while pushing her big black and pink crimps over her shoulder.

“Nah, I got one. You going straight home?” Sherika said as she pulled her keys out of her pocket.

“Yeah, I need to write some shit. If Fendi thinks I’m good I might get that last spot on the Come Up DVD.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes, now I need get in my zone.” Nicki grabbed her leather jacket off of a box and put it around her. She grabbed the keys out of her jacket pocket and waited for Sherika to fully put her jacket on before walking towards the back exit. She turned off the light and they walked out of the back of the Red Lobster building and Nicki flicked through her keys. “What the fu…” Nicki said right before she found the key to lock up.

“Alright. I’ll call you?”

“You better.”

They hugged before Nicki walked over to her car and Sherika walked over to hers. Nicki opened the door and climbed in her car and her phone rang. She stuck the key in the ignition before digging through her purse. She cursed herself for always needing a big ass purse at times like this. “Just hang uuuuuuuuuuup.” Nicki said out loud.  The phone stopped ringing and she smiled successfully. She put on her seatbelt and drove out of the parking lot and off to her apartment.

“I’m starving, yo.” Nicki said out loud. She closed her refrigerator and walked out of the kitchen and into her living room. She picked up her phone and dialed SB's number. Her best friend that she called at anytime for any reason and he came to the rescue. She put the phone to her ear and held it there with her shoulder and played with her nails for a quick second before she grabbed her notebook and her pen.

"Hello." SB said.

"Fuckin some random bitch?" Nicki dropped the notebook to the side on the couch and stood up.

"Don't start that."

"I'm joking." Nicki said with a laugh while walking down the hall to her room. "Bring me something to eat, SB." 

"I know you got tips today."

"Nigga, don't act like that."

"I'm not coming over. You told me you had to write today."

"You play too fuckin much."

"Nah. You need to write."

"Then bring your ass over here and help me write."

"No."

"Pwweeeaaasssee Faree." Nicki said in a baby voice while she walked over to her dresser and grabbed her lotion off the dresser.

"I hate that shit."

"Just bring me some fucking food, I'm starving."

"I thought you went to the store?"

"I forgot. I had to work."

"That's tough."

"SB."

"Aight. Damn. I'm coming. What you want?"

Nicki smiled successfully before pouring the lotion into her hand.

"Anything."

"Aight.

---

"Police! Open up!"

Nicki hopped up from the couch and went to open the door.

"SB, shut up."

"Aye. I brought you food."

"Did you ride your bike over here?" she said as she moved to the side and let him in.

"Nah, I drove."

"You knew I wanted to take it for a ride." Nicki said with an attitude.

"Get over it." he said walking into the kitchen and dropping the bags of food on Nicki's counter.

"Which one's mine?"

"That one right there." SB said nodding his head at the back that he just placed to the right. Nicki's phone rang as she went to dig in the bag and she sighed. "I got this. I'll bring it in there." He said as Nicki turned to walk away. Nicki went and grabbed her phone off the couch and bit her lip before shrugging it off and answering it.

"Hello."

"Wussup, baby."

"Stop."

"Come make this drop with me."

"No, I told you I'm done with that shit Webb." Nicki said as she took on the couch. She sat in the corner of the couch and tucked her feet underneath her.

"C'mon, baby."

"No." Nicki said in a baby voice. She looked up at Safaree who placed the food on the coffee table that sat in the middle of the living room.

"You know you get the job done. I need you to come back."

"Well you fucked that up when you screwed me over."

"That was almost a year ago."

"So."

"Come see me. I miss you."

"No. Is that all you called for? I gotta go."

"I'm coming over."

"No you're not. I have company."

"Whose over there? You got a man, now? So you replacing me? Nobody can treat you better than me, baby."

"Bye, Webb."

Nicki said before she hung up the phone. She looked over at Safaree who was shaking his head and eating his food. She knew what he was thinking and she hears enough from her mom and people on the streets, she doesn't want to hear it from him too because she knows. She just has to get the strength to finally cut him off after 6 years. She doesn't have feelings for him anymore. The moment he fucked up everything was dropped. But she felt bad because she knew Webb didn't have anyone. No family or anything.

"Don't say it." Nicki said.

"I'm not." Nicki stared at him being annoyed because she knew where this conversation was headed. She remembered that the stuff she ordered for SB came in the mail and got up from the couch. She walked back to her room and grabbed the shirt that she had on her bed. She walked back into the living room and he looked up.

"Here, grumpy." she threw the shirt at him and it landed on top of his head. She laughed and he dropped the fork down to his plate. He took the shirt off his head and looked at it.

"Yooooooooo, these are dope. These for the shows?"

"Mhmmm." Nicki said. Well, whenever I can book a fucking show. I just want to be a successful female rapper already, she thought. She laid down on the couch and stretched out behind him since he was sitting back much. She rolled her eyes think about the fact that she was laying on her hair right now and messing it up. She looked over at her food not feeling hungry anymore. "I got you a whole bunch of them back in my room." Nicki said while she raised her hand up and pointed it to her room.

"Red?"

"Even in red." Nicki said as she stared at him as he looked over the t-shirt that was black with purple and white letters that read 'I Wanna Minaj'. "You'll be my hypeman. I'll need you at every show."

"Aight. I guess I could work around my schedule." SB said as he put a hand on his chin. 

"So you're gonna do this with me?"

"Yeah." he said with a shrug. "Since Hoodstars got fucked up. Might as well help you with your solo career." he said before she stuffed a fork full of food into his mouth.

"You think that was my fault?"

"I ain't say nothin like that." he said chewing his food. "I know it was Webb the whole time. I ain't know he had connects with Lou but I figured it out. Told you to leave his dumb ass alone."

"How many times are you going to remind me that I fucked up?"

He ignored her and continued eating his food. He placed the shirt on the edge of the couch and grabbed his cup taking a drink. Nicki rolled her eyes and played with the crimps in her hair. She was over everyone telling her about her mistakes and her biggest mistake ever, Webb. He ruined her shot at finally being able to do what she wanted to do. When Nicki broke it off with Webb he went to the one thing that meant the most to her at that point in time. Her music. He reached out to Lou and filled his head with lies about both Nicki and SB that resulted in the whole group just breaking up. They were so close to getting a deal and then DOOM! He came through and ruined it.

Nicki sighed feeling a headache coming on. She raised her foot and tapped it on SB's back. He looked over at her.

"SB, rub my head."

"Whoa, pauz."

Nicki laughed before closing her eyes. "Please. Just rub right here." Nicki said pointing to her temples.

"Why can't you do it?"

"My nails."

"Told you to get rid of those." he scooted down some closer to Nicki and took his first two fingers and massaged her temples. "Can I stop now?"

"You just started."

SB said stared at her and looked her over. "When you put this pink back in ya hair?"

"After you told me I should keep it."

"How was work?"

"Hell. That's why this music shit needs to work."

"About that. Get up."

SB removed his hand from her temple and slapped her on the thigh. Nicki opened her eyes and sat up leaning back on the couch.

"I can't write at night. I have to do it in the morning."

"You always got an excuse." SB shook his head and went back to eating his food. "You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry anymore." She played with her crimps while looking at SB.  "I'll give you your stupid money back if you want it. You're a horrible best friend."

"I'm the best best friend ever."

"Are you coming with me tomorrow?"

"When?"

"To meet Fendi."

"Yeah. Ion trust this guy."

"This needs to work."

"What?"

"This music shit."

"Can't take it no more, huh?"

"No!" Nicki unintentionally shouted. "Red Lobster is Hell. I need to be doing what I love...in more ways than one." Nicki said looking off.

"You talked to your mom today?" SB asked.

"No. Why?"

"She called me."

"Why didn't she called me?"

"She said she's trying to give you your space and independence since you decided to move out. She just told me to make sure I check up on you."

"My mom loves you." Nicki said folding her arms across her chest and staring at SB. He turned and looked at her with a smirk.

"Who doesn't?"

"You know she calls you her son."

SB chuckled before he put the lid back on his takeout box of food.

"Yeah, I know. Jelani told me."

Both of them looked toward Nicki's window when they heard a loud roar of thunder.

"Yo, is that thunder?"

Nicki stood up and walked over to her window. She rolled her eyes and dropped her hands down from her curtains.

"Yup."

"Shit. I need to go then."

"Why?" she sat back down on the couch while she stared at Safaree as he stood up and grabbed his take out box while heading for the kitchen.

"I ain't tryna be stuck in the storm on my way back to Flatbush."

"Stay here." Nicki said loud enough for him to hear in the kitchen as he threw away the takeout box.

"All night?"

"You do it all the time, Safaree."

SB walked out of the kitchen and Nicki stared at him when he grabbed his keys off the table. She grabbed his jacket that he was reaching for and put it behind her.

"Stay." she began to play with her hair again. "Please. I'm lonely and I'm scared of thunder." Nicki said in a baby voice. He shook his head. For someone as hard [pauz] as Nicki she sure does still love to be babied. "Please."

"Aight." He huffed and sat back down on the couch. He took his shoes off getting comfortable and turned his hat forward laying his head back.

"Thank you, jerk."

"Yeah. Start writing." he said as he tossed Nicki her pen and notebook.

"Fine." Nicki took it out of his hands and looked over at her phone when it went off. "Hand me that."

SB raised up grabbing Nicki's phone off the coffee table and handed it to her. She opened her messages and read the message from Webb.

Come make this drop with me baby and I'll make sure you get that deal from Fendi. I'll see you at 2 a.m. if you want that deal

Nicki bit her lip staring at the message before she closed it and tossed her phone beside her. She looked up at SB who was all into the movie before she began writing letting the words that were in her mind out onto a page.

No comments:

Post a Comment